Saturday, January 4, 2014

#3 & #4 of 30 paintings in 30 days

Here are my 3rd and 4th paintings. I will not be able to have the time to paint for the next 2 days so this post and my next painting day Jan 7th will be doubles to keep up.

#3 This is in honor of my granddaughter who is 6 years old today Jan 4! Happy Birthday Chiyo-Marie!! Love you!!!
 
#4 This is the model I used from a copyright free photo. This is what I traditionally do with my portraits, I do an undervalue painting in Van Dyke Brown acrylic paint after I draw an outline sketch of it which will help me keep in line with the realistic look of the person. I've been stuck recently getting going again in my portrait painting but doing this challenge has helped me get unstuck. I am so thankful to God for helping me be free in Jesus!

3 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Your children paintings are so splendid - thanks for sharing your process. It's difficult to practice painting portraits without searching for those copyright free ones. I find myself taking so many photos of peoples faces, always hoping for one to turn out well, to use. These are both super!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thanks Pattie! so true! I have tons of other photos but they need to be released by the model and parents so it is not easy to post anything publicly unless it is released or copyright free. Yea, finding good photos to use that I've taken on my own takes some tweaking on my part or just using imagination a lot of times. I have been blessed by my son to use my granddaughter's photos for practice too. So there will most likely be more of those to come this month, lol!

Anonymous said...

Incredible portrait painting! You are so talented! I am thankful to God too that you are free in Jesus and getting unstuck. Thanks for sharing that!