Friday, January 3, 2014

#2 of 30 paintings in 30 days

Decided to do a still life painting today. It was a challenge, took me longer than I expected. I also wanted the lettering to be more muted and faded but didn't work out this time. This is a learning process for me. Used different colors than the photo source I was using and changed the table line to a diagonal instead of a straight parallel line. It was interesting doing something different than the usual painting of children for me.

Take a look at the other challengers art at: http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.jp/

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

I think that is what this challenge is supposed to be - a chance to let go and do some things we haven't done in awhile or not used to. STRETTTCHHHHING - the colors are superb in this one! See - look at you, two paintings down for 2014 already - this activity really gets the bugs out.

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thanks Pattie! Yes, this is stretching, tons of other things are going by the wayside but it has helped me to focus on just doing this as my main art project instead of constantly trying to figure out what I should be doing first. I've gotten myself so overwhelmed with a ton of unfinished art projects that I just started freezing up and not doing anything. So I gave myself permission to just put all those other projects on hold for a while so I can get back on track to just enjoying the process. Again thanks Pattie for your encouragement and suggesting the project.