Then I nearly cut my right hand index finger off with a paper cutter! Thank God I didn't! I misjudged how close I was to the blade when I lifted up the paper guard! Cut the tip back side pretty deep but it flapped back in place but tons of blood. Of course the artist in me got fascinated by the red color from my bleeding, thinking if only I could get that vivid color of red in my paintings. Got the bleeding to stop and peroxide it. It is all bandaged up and disinfected now and hurts only when I press on it like this typing, most of all I am so thankful I did not cut the whole finger off! God was definitely protecting me.
Anyway after that I did #11, it was not easy painting with a big old Band-Aid on my finger, the brush kept sliding away. But got it finished! Both were painted with gouache acryl paints. The lettering doesn't show up very well in the scanned versions but this is part of what I am working on as I do this 30 day project. I am learning a lot about what I really want to keep doing and what I don't want to do. Realizing no matter what medium or style I use I like to take more time on my paintings than just 1 day. Actually, because of my other obligations it is turning out that I paint 2 a day more than 1 a day so far. Interesting...