Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#12 & #13 of 30 in 30

Well, I'm still behind by one, I keep trying to catch up but it seems something always happens. I've been dealing with tendonitis in my left arm, hand and shoulder since Dec 23,2013. It got better then worse then much better but now it is much worse. I'm having to wear a sling now, which is helping relieve the strain and the pain but it really is slowing me down. Got to take care of this old body if I want to be available for what all God has prepared for me.

Anyway back to the paintings: #12 I drew last year for an assignment for my upper grade art students last year and decided to do a painting of it for this challenge. Had fun playing with just 2 colors on to white. Very red, white and blue, wasn't trying to be US patriotic but it came out looking that way anyway, lol. #13 was fun again playing with color and shapes.

Used only gouache acryl for #12 and gouache acryl and acrylic paint for #13, pencil and color pencil for lettering.
 #12
#13


2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

These paintings are such great graphic designer pieces! Shoes are so a part of who we are - sometimes they are so overlooked, but you certainly captured BOLD and beautiful!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thank you Pattie! I really like drawing and painting shoes, well at least seeing them on others, esp children. But for wearing them I really only have a few pair. Also I love drawing and painting hands and feet, to me they speak volumes. I miss that ladies don't wear gloves very often any more, they make a ladies or a little girls hands look so graceful.