Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Different Strokes Wkly Challenge Uploaded

My scanner is not working like it used to before my computer got sick so my pictures are not coming out as close to the originals as before but at least it is close. Hope you get the light to dark to beginning of light idea in this painting. Was supposed to do it looking at the upside down source photo but I got carried away with the composition and colors as it is that I forgot all about the original challenge. Oh well, I really learned a lot from this one, was done in oil paint sticks.

2 comments:

Alice Thompson said...

Your piece has a wonderful impressionistic quality the way you've blended... and the colors are harmonious and balanced.
Glad to see you found your view of the challenge!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thank you Alice. My computer totally wiped out so I don't know when I'll be up and running again. I am temporarily using my husband's work computer.