Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin-Pumpkin wk 4


Wow! Week 4 this is great fun and I am learning so much. Week 4 challenge of white pumpkins is all in waterbased oils. I used only 2 colors plus white, but unfortunately the painting posted does not show much of the yellow, but I did use it in the purples and whites to tone down the purples. One thing I really want to improve on is to do a painting in 1 day(a couple of hours) instead of it taking me 2 or 3 days to complete just one. That is my next challenge for myself, hope I can do it. Anyway I want anyone who is reading these posts to know that Karin Jurick is a fantastically gifted and giving artist. I pray God bless her richly with all His goodness. Thank you Karin.

2 comments:

Alice Thompson said...

oh... very nice Victoria. You do still lifes very well. That shade/tone of purple is very pleasing to the eye. It takes discipline to limit your colors the way you did.

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Thank you Alice, actually limiting colors is the only way I seem to be able to paint lately. Used to paint very photorealistically using all colors I saw in a photo, but now I want to just do things simply. Thank you for your kind encouragement.