Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back with copy of old Master Vermeer














Here is my attempt to copy an old Master Vermeer painting for the Old Master Challenge at http://projectoldmastercopy.wordpress.com/ . It has definitely been a challenge using large oil bars on an estimated 8"x11" surface. The reason for the small surface is that it fits directly on to my scanner surface and I don't have to photograph it(which I do a lossy job when I do). Scanning directly gets it the closest to the original painting. I know I drew her face in too wide and much of the colors are different from the model but all in all it works ok.

I still have not finished my Christmas painting and I have a portrait to do for the Different Strokes from Different Folks exchange due by the 7th of Jan. My Christmas painting will be a belated Christmas card and New Years card. I am also praying I will be over this cold I got starting yesterday too.

God bless you all and I pray you had a Joyous Christmas remembering Jesus' birth and have a great New Years. Joy in Jesus Always!

No comments: