Thursday, July 25, 2013

A promise completed as a birthday gift for a dear woman of God, one of her favorite flowers, "Sunflowers". Bible verse is Isaiah 35:1-2 in English, Spanish and Japanese. Used Acrylic paints on canvas, size estimated 18 x 14+inches. Completed July 15, 2013. It was a blessing to be able to do this painting, as it is with all the paintings God has given me opportunity to do. It is only by His grace that I am able to do them for a number of reasons. One day I may be brave enough to share why, I'm not there yet, but know if it wasn't for Him I would have never been able to continue to paint or draw. One thing I can share is that I do have osteoarthritis in my fingers and they have not been any problem to be able to paint, in fact when I paint they are then the least painful. Again I give God the glory for great things He has done in my life through Jesus, my beloved Savior, Friend and LORD.

1 comment:

Paula's Originals said...

Vicky this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it on Facebook or I may not have seen it for some time. Danny has injured his back and things have been a little out of sorts for two months now. I am trying to keep his side of the business going. I have been learning alot. Today is the first day in a while that I have not had a meltdown emotionally. I did more praying yesterday and the Lord was right there letting me know he was there and it has made all the difference. Your painting is so beautiful. It makes me smile. I love all kinds of flowers and Sunflowers are one of my favorites until they turn down and loss there color. I love you.