Saturday, March 10, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr drawing


Finally completed a drawing of Martin Luther King Jr that I started in late Jan 2012, this is from a "public domain" image of a still from newsreal of a speech he was making at a university. The Bible verse may not be easy to read(English and Spanish)but it is Act 17: 26-27(KJV "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:) which I believe speaks of what he aspired. I completed it March 8 and delivered it to a nice young man in my Bible Art Class, who requested a drawing of MLKjr. He was smiling ear to ear when he received it March 8th.
The reason it took so long inbetween was that I had to do some other things and to reset my priorities of enjoying the process more than being concerned about the end product. So I went back to basics and played. Play is an area of my life I let go too easily, then I suffer the distress of too much intensity in my life which shuts me down. God is working a new work in my life and I am so thankful for His guidance through Jesus Christ. I've been able to do more in the last week than I have in the last 9weeks. So I will continue to play. Playing with a new major project that I will not be able to share until mid July since it has to stay "anonymous" until then. I do plan to play in other projects so hopefully I'll be posting some of them between then and now.

No comments: